Guncraft is a voxel-based first person shooter that boasts fully destructible environments, the ability to construct individual blocks or full structures in a single click, tons of killstreak rewards such as helicopters, jetpacks, bunker buster missiles, drones, and turrets, and a fully featured map creation tool that also features a voxel map importing function (using the Substrate C# engine). Play traditional modes like Deathmatch and CTF, or totally unique modes like Lava Survival and Siege Mode. On top of that, there are standalone servers, peer hosted servers, clan support and friends lists, in and out of game chat, leaderboards, and much, much more.
- 100% Destructible Environments: Take those brilliant maps you’ve created and do what you’ve always wanted to do: blow them sky high!
- Construction Elements: Mid firefight, build yourself a bunker to protect yourself or drop a box over an enemy using our innovative prefab system, which builds entire structures in one click, designed by you, so you can stay mobile or trap your opponent!
- Vehicles: Helicopters, hover drones, gunships that obliterate levels, and destructive, awesome tanks. Why just walk on foot, with a puny little gun, when you can destroy things, players and environment alike, of epic proportions?
- Total Customization: Thousands of possible builds at your disposal using our 100% customizable class editor. Want a Ninja Miner with a sword and hook shot? There’s a class for that. How about a Demolitionist Architect with a shotgun and block buster bazooka? There’s a class for that. There are primary, secondary, and melee weapons, two consumable types, two class types, and tons of killstreak options to make the best class possible and we are always adding more.
- Map Making Heaven: This wouldn’t be a true voxel game without the ability to create your own maps. Using our fully featured map editor, you can create to your heart’s content and share it online with all your friends! That not enough? You’ll love our next feature
- Voxel Map Importer*: Using the open source Substrate C# engine, you can import your painstakingly created, brilliant maps, right into Guncraft.
- Unique Game Modes: On top of traditional game modes, we have several unique ones as well. Lava Survival pits you in a fight to higher ground in this last man standing mode where touching lava means death for the round. Siege Mode pits two teams in a race to build a large trebuchet first. Our last, announced, game mode deserves its own category…
- Onslaught Mode*: Our unique take on Horde mode. You get 5 minutes to build up a fortress with you and up to 3 other friends (this is a scalable mode, which means it’s singleplayer compatible). Afterwards, waves of enemies spawn from all sides in an attempt to kill you and your team. Build defenses to protect yourself and don’t forget to rebuild your fortress, or you’ll find yourself without any cover and little chance of survival.
- Community Features: Friends list, clan support, leaderboards, map sharing, prefab sharing, dedicated servers as well as peer hosted servers, admin control console, controlled modability (to stop exploiters) and all sorts of awesome stuff to keep the control in your hands!
Steam Launch Features - These features will be available with our Steam Launch, once we are Greenlit.
- Gun Crafting – Create your own fully customizable weapon. That includes the design, ironsight, AND STATS. You get 100 points to allocate to all the stats that us developers give to weapons. Do you want a rapid fire bazooka unicorn gun? How about a Ray Gun that shoots high powered bullets with slow firing speed? Done. This is the definitive, 100% free form gun crafting tool that no other game has ever come close to doing.
- Skin Editing – Draw your own personalized skin and use it in game. Finally make that cat skin based off your own cat or make yourself into an epic superhero. The possibilities are endless.
- Steam Workshop – To go with our Gun Crafting and Skin Editing tools, we will be implementing Steam Workshop in order to share all of your goodies. This may come slightly after launch since we don’t have access to Steam’s APIs beforehand to prepare for it, but it will be top priority post Steam launch.
- Racing Mode – Jump in an attack bike by yourself or partner up with a team mate in a passenger bike and race away, cart racer style! This fast paced mode will keep you at the edge of your seat as you gun down your enemies in a race to the finish line!
So vote for us on Greenlight! You know you want to.
Our only system requirement is you need a DX10 card and a PC. We don’t support Mac/Linux currently, but will be aiming to support them in the future.
*They will only be available to pre-order beta users and will be available to all at release.